Saturday - February 21, 2015
Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta North Druid Hills-Emory
2016 North Druid Hills
Atlanta, GA 30329
$20 for all wish to attend and who want to learn...
February 21st, 2015 meeting agenda:
- Registration starts 7am
- Breakfast: from 7:00am - 8am
- Annual business meeting starts at 8:00am
- Program time: 8:30am-12pm
All home home inspectors are welcome!
Nathan Thornberry wirh Residential Warranty Services -
Frequency and Causes of Mechanical Malfunctions in HVAC
Electrical, Plumbing and Appliance Systems
Support Your Chapter
Dues for this year are only $150.00
DIRECTIONS: From I85, exit North Druid Hills, head north toward Buford Hwy, left at traffic light located at the bottom of the hill. From Buford Hwy. head South and turn right at the traffice light.
You may pay for the meeting HERE......
Make reservations only and pay at the door - Click here!
The American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) are the only home inspectors accredited by a 3rd party.
ASHI Certified Inspectors (ACI)- Have reached the highest level of ASHI Membership.
Each inspector must comply with the following:
- Pass the National Home Inspector Examination
- Complete the ASHI Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics Education study Module
- Have Inspection Reports successfully verified by an independent 3rd party for compliance with ASHI Standards
- Submit valid proof of performance for at least 250 home inspections
- ASHI Certified Inspectors are the only true 3rd party certified Inspectors in the industry that are accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA)
- Only inspectors who meet or exceed the requirements are allowed to use the ACI Logo that comes in three colors as shown above.
- In addition to the above each inspector is required to earn, from an accredited source, 20 CEUs (continuing education units) per year .
Understanding the difference between “due diligence” and “right to request repairs”.
A standard Georgia Association of REALTORS® (GAR) purchase and sales agreement describes:
“Purpose of Due Diligence Period. During the Due Diligence Period, Buyer shall determine whether or not to exercise Buyer's option to proceed or not proceed with the purchase of the Property. If Buyer has concerns with the Property, Buyer may during the Due Diligence Period seek to negotiate an amendment to this Agreement to address such concerns.”
During the due "diligence period" a buyer may walk away from a transaction for “any reason or for no reason” without consequence as long as the walk-away occurs during the due diligence period and supporting paper work is properly delivered.
An inspector is not privy to what occurs after an inspection is is delivered however having knowledge of various possibilities can be beneficial.
There is no right to request repairs in the due diligence clause however during the due diligence period a buyer may seek to negotiate an amendment to address concerns.
Effective January 4, 2014:
The Reduction of Lead in Drinking Water Act was signed into law in 2011 and took effect on January 4, 2014.
Accordiing to the EPA's "How to Inentify Lead-Free Certifications Marks for Drinking Water Systems and Plumbing Materials". Starting January 4, 2014 there are prohibitions the use of lead in all pipe, pipe fittings, plumbing fittings and fixtures.
The following is a link to download the EPA document listed above
FOX 5 I-Team Investigation: a must see video - Click here